Monday, July 21, 2014

Children's book lists

top 100 children's books of all-time



When I need inspiration I look at lists like these of the best children's books. It helps me think of new books to create book studies on, as well as just reminds me of what I love about education.

I was always a book worm when I was in school. I didn't think of myself that way, but looking back, when other kids where socializing, I was reading. It was an escape that I needed badly back then.

As a teacher now I want to help students develop a love of reading. I hope I can inspire them to go places, at least through books right now, that they otherwise would not be able to go to.

Today I am planning to go to the library. I love libraries and all they do for a community. Maybe I'll pick up one of the books that are on one of these lists to share with my students.


No comments:

Post a Comment